10.3 all new with Amazon?

twister

Howdy
According to Looprumors.com Panther will be "unlike anything else out there"!

It may even be integrated with Amazon.com. That would make since because then Amazon could handle the music selling and apple could have the easy access via itunes and 'one click' Amazon shopping.

I'm getting excited now. :D

it depends on how intrusive it is, but if apple does it right (they almost always do), then it could be a really cool feature. i use amazon.com a lot, and if it were even easier to use, that'd be great.

i kind of question how having amazon 1-click built into 10.3 will make it "unlike anything out there". Microsoft has their passport/wallet thing, which isnt the SAME thing, but is similar. I have a feeling that 10.3 will have something much more significant than 1-click. I have never had a problem with entering my credit card info on a website... making me only have to press one button to do the same thing isn't a significant upgrade to an operating system in my eyes...

This sounds more like Sherlock 4. And if it's part of that and doesn't stick its tongue out at me whenever I type a word 'compatible' with something I can buy, then alright. :p

...but we have to wait about 2 months to find anything out ! Atleast Ill have a new 12" Powerbook to keep me occupied until then

Are you saying this will be something like the Sherlock and ebay? Sort of an XML thing to bypass the crappy websites? - certianly true in the case of ebay and I could do without all of Amazon's "clever" little ways of suggesting what else I should buy.

you know what would be nice? if in iTunes where you type in the search you could type in a song name or artist and the window will show all of the songs that you could buy. you could just click "buy" next to it and it would start playing and at the same time download into your itunes folder. and if it is cheap (a buck or less) enough can you imagine all the impulse purchases they could get from people like me?

But what if some computer illiterate got on and saw all of those songs they could listen to, and listened to a bunch of them whilst unbeknownst to them charging you with tons of songs?

more money for apple!

im sure being designed by apple it would be a little more user friendly then that... they put a lot of thought into their stuff.

What, however, if you don't like Amazon, or whatever company Apple might start pimping as of 10.3? I don't want to complain just yet (cuz I haven't seen the product), but wouldn't that go against the Think Different doctrine? I would like a or two step between myself and the 'Evil Corporations'. As for now, I'm a bit afraid of this Panther thing, but I have no doubt I'll love it.

As long as there is an option to un-install it. All will be good for me ---- I will be buying Panther for the OS -- not because it has Amazon integrated into it... I have never purchased from them (Amazon) nor do I see my self in the future. That one purchase I make once a year does not justify integrating into the Operating System. I hope this is just an option for those who want a feature such as this.

Back