10.3 codename Panther, any info?

theCaptain

Member that enjoys Meece
Does anyone have any information at all about the next major OS X revision? I have heard a surprisingly small amount from Thinksecret which is usually up on this kind of thing. What features are people looking for?

10.3 will support all Windows applications natively and run all Mac OS X applications in Classic. OS 9 will be no longer supported.

There haven't been any leaked builds of Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" afaik. Usually, that's when those 'first infos' crop up.

There has been speculation about a technology called 'Junkyard', but that also hasn't been confirmed.

If Apple wants to keep up the end of Summer releases, we'll hear first about "Panther" a bit before WWDC 2003.

i'm not really any good at this rumors stuff, but shouldn't we be speculating about 10.2.3. right now? :confused: :D

Hmm... 10.2.3 is not very important. They'll fix some bugs in the system and some applications, they'll add support for some new CD-burners to the Finder, Disk Copy and iTunes. It'll appear in Software Update. Don't expect it this week, though. There's going to be a beta seed phase of about three or four weeks. We might see it in mid December.

10.3 will surely be much more interesting. I'm already looking forward to installing an early build on my external harddisk, but alas, there are none as of yet.

ddma, don't tease like that...you've been around a long time and I have come to trust you...so I actually buy most of the stuff you say...don't have me excited about nothing...

I agree with voice-. I read that thinking it was a joke, but when I didn't see any ":p" or ":D" I wondered if you were telling the truth. In then end I dismissed it as a joke, but I shouldn't have to think that hard.:D

Back