10.3 - whats included...

Dock Spring Loaded Folders would be nice!
One thing i've always wanted, was the ability to control click an icon, or rather a folder, and see the contents, in a popup, like the dock does, but via the Finder! The reason i mention it, is because i might have a file, app, Anything ... one Directory deep ... So i have to open the Finder, via the Dock Finder icon, of via a desktop icon, and navigate to it ... it'd be nice, if i could just control click a HD, or Folder on the Desktop, and be able to get to that desired location thru popups! .. maybe its just me?! i know you could get the same functionality thru having a load of folders in the Dock, but i don't want a LOAD of folders in the dock!

Neyo

i hate the brushed metal look with a passion, i strip it away if possible. safari as striped is far better than the b/m look. b/mis just cheap looking, tacky, clunky n horrible, it looks so gadgy and awful that even microsoft wouldnt use it. Aqua is just gorgeous, hopefully they'll tweakit, but keep the look . try going back to os 9 or any other os and then back to X, wot a difference aqua is, a million miles better. os9 looks like crap now, sao clunky

Aqua is really good, but what I think would make it better would be to make the horiz. stripes more subtle. They should blend together so they're barely noticeable, not stick out like a sore GUI.

Also, in anything brushed metal should be optional; that way, people who like it can turn it on system-wide and people who don't like it can turn it off in all their iApps.

Originally posted by SGX
i hate the brushed metal look with a passion, i strip it away if possible. safari as striped is far better than the b/m look. b/mis just cheap looking, tacky, clunky n horrible, it looks so gadgy and awful that even ...

I was just like you regarding b/m... Safari somehow changed me. I'm actually _adding_ brushed metal now to single-window applications like Acquisition or Cantrip (a mud client).

i did try that a while ago, had mail, and everything else in metal, but i just couldnt take to it. i guess i like softer colours, more sort of muted ones, so my focus kind of moves to the data or information rather than the windows. one of the things that gets me aboutmetal is the change in brightness over it, like a big huge specular highlight, i wonder wot photoshop and premiere will look like inmetal.

Generalized Brushed Metal ? Even Windows 98 will look nicer than a Macintosh after that !

What's the point in providing us with Aqua, ie. with a new beautiful elegant and sober at the same time type of interface, just to replace with some metallized crap that makes OSX look like a giant KDX client ?

What I like in Metalized is not so much the color, but also the small size of icons. It's compact and efficient.

Metal looks good for 1-window applications, but horrible for multiple window apps. iTunes looks awesome with its metal suit until you open a new playlist window; BM just takes up too much space all around (the sides of the window).

And no, after 2-3 years of working on and perfecting Aqua, Apple isn't going to drop it all for Aluminum. Aqua will be around for a long time (at least as long as Platinum, I'm sure), but I think they will make metal optional in various applications (Cocoa for one).

Back