10.3 Wish List...

serpicolugnut

OS X Supreme Being
We're getting close to a reveal on 10.3 (only 6 weeks away!), so let's start venting on what we'd like to see in it...

Here's my list...
Features:
1-Finder Labels, or something better with same functionality.
2-Restoration of "Clean Up" & "Arrange By" back in Finder Contextual Menu
3-Ability to logout and leave programs running while someone else logs in (ala WinXP)
4-Ability to set Aqua or Brushed to be used systemwide. Improvements to make both themes more consistent with each other in their behavior.
5-Finder from FTP that works
6-Addition of HEX values to color picker
7-Dock improvements: ability to pin both to left/right at same time (or up & down), dock sectioning, more customization
8-Consolidation of System Prefs (from General & Desktop) in to one called "appearance" ala OS 9
9-Ability to have mutliple clipboards
10-Replacement of current HTML rending engine in Help system with Webcore.
11-Speed improvements to Sherlock, along with new channels...
12-Ability to burn sessions and erase CD-RWs, DVD-RWs from the Finder
13-Improvement in TextEdit to allow writing/preview of HTML.
14-Addition of video conferencing to iChat (preferrably with NetMeeting compatability
15-Performance improvements in iChat
16-Fast, journaling file system turned on by default.
17-Built in defrag utility that works without having to reboot
18-Ability to print contents of a Finder window!
19-Scheduled turn on, sleep, shutdown
20-Inclusion of X11 Window System...

And of course, performance improvements thoughout...

So, what's on your list?

There is a huge great big long heluva thread already devoted to this, go check it out. :)

that seems like a good idea... especially since osx based on unix which can do that really easily. If anyone is familiar with linux you probably know how you can usually do ctrl+alt+{F1-F7} to get to a new login prompt.

Multiple logins should be very easy for apple to implement without having to write much new code.

I like the choices in serpicolugnut post. I would also like to see window size you set remembered. For example, I set the Application window to a certain size, when I return it is a smaller window and have to scroll to get to the bottom.
Additionally, make Mac OSX customizable, allow users to pick several color themes, brush metal, etc.

Back