10.4.3 on its way...

alexandr

kosmonaut
seems like apple is about to release 10.4.3 quite soon, at least according to Think Secret.

+100MB, and will contain more than 500 improvements to the system

alex.

Various rumour sites (including my own) have been following the progress. Despite what ThinkSecret says, the update still has to fix some issues and is not ready for prime time. It's currently just under 100 MB in size - but that's for the combo updater. Delta updaters will obviously be smaller.

They're bugfixes. A lot of them. Some are, however, fixes for bugs that have been introduced by earlier beta versions of 10.4.3, so that number is not really something to write home about.

what can you say about the general stability of the system? my impression of tiger so far is that it's still pretty flakey. not as solid as 10.3.9 for obvious reasons...

My guess is they want to really, really, really make sure this one gets great. It's been in development for quite a while. "General stability" (whatever that means) is good for me in 10.4.2 as well as 10.4.3 - as long as I don't touch the known bugs that will hopefully be fixed soon. - I wait for a final judgement on 10.4.3 until that update is final.

I'm really looking forward to 10.4.3... Mail crashes way too much for me. And the entire system is kinda "iffy". However I'm not looking forward to breaking my uptime record of 39 days ;)

Back