"10.4 cannot be installed on this computer..."

FlashMac

Registered
"...please consult the documentation for the list of supported Macintosh computers."

Fine, but its a 1.83Ghz Intel Core Duo iMac, currently running 10.4.11. I want to rebuild it, as in erase and install.
I've used the exact same (retail, volume-licensed) Mac OSX Install disc on PPC G4s, PPC iMacs, Intel iMacs, Mac Pros and G5s. Its a proper disc, black with a big X on it etc. Never had any problems.
Double clicking the installer for it to launch and reboot gives the message, cant seem to boot from the disc.

I've got the grey Software Restore discs, just wondering what this is about seeing as I have rebuilt pretty much every architecture that can run 10.4 with this disc until now. Any ideas? It can't be just because its on the latest 10.4.11 can it?

The only retail disc that will support the Intel Macs is the Leopard version. All retail Tiger discs are PPC only. The gray Tiger discs that ship with the Intel Macs are especially made for those Intel Macs. That is the only way to get Tiger on the Intels.

Back