10.4, iPhoto crashes on startup

Qfxz

Registered
iMac G5, 17", 1.8GHz, 512MBRam, 10.4.8. ppc

I start up iPhoto 6.0.(?), the spinning wheel spins for a long time while displaying 'uploading photos', then quits. After a few times of this I went to Apple to get an update, when installing the update the message says it cannot find a (valid?) version of iPhoto.
I reinstalled the complete OS 10.4 about ten months ago, no problems anywhere and iPhoto had been working fine up until a week or so ago.
Where on the install DVD can I find the iPhoto mpkg.? to install only iPhoto? I did not see it anywhere. When I click/control to show package contents, I checked all the mpkg. that had an 'i' before it and still cannot find iPhoto.
The iPhoto app still shows in the application folder yet is not recognized when updating.
I read on some of the forum posts about one of the .xml folders in iPhoto causing a similar problem, it stated to delete it, that iPhoto will rebuild it if that folder is missing; the problem is I cannot get into iPhoto.

I do not want to beat this to death and if the above info is redundant I just want to be sure all information is here to properly address this problem.

As usual, all help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks,

John

iPhoto won't be on the install DVD. It will be on the System Install/Restore or the iLife disks that came with your computer.

Pacifist may be helpful in getting the install package.

Back