10.8.2 and legacy web applications

mala

Registered
Hi,

my company has some legacy web applications for time reporting, expense reporting and so on, and it used to work fine in Safari, with only minor issues (they are totally built for a Microsoft environment). However after the upgrade from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2 it doesn't work anymore, I get time out messages either instantly or after a while trying to load a page. Same version of Safari, and it is the same problem with Firefox, Camino, Opera and Chrome. Something happened with the 10.8.2 update. Any idea what? And can it be fixed without downgrading? I don't know anything about how the web applications are built, but I know they're quite old (a very basic user interface), is built with windows clients in mind and that it used to work on Mac, until now.

Thanks...

/Mans

If the application is Java-based, then it will display the animated Java startup panel in your browser when you launch it.

This brings up a very important point. You are the only person here who has access to your problematic application. Therefore, we rely on you to tell us what is broken. The most likely reason for your newfound problem is that you removed some optional software when you updated your OS. The two top candidates are Java and Flash.

If your problem is neither of these, then the best that we can do without information is the wild @$$ guess. To paraphrase Tom Cruise in Jerry McGuire: Help us help you.

I'll be glad to help you help me. Then the applications are not Java based. And I've just found out I'm not the only one having this problem, it came with the 10.8.2 update for them too.

/Mans

The fact that other people are having the problem is interesting. However, this interesting information in and of itself does nothing to help diagnose the problem or to prescribe a remedy. You need to give relevant information. I assume that the application is not accessible without proper credentials. If it were accessible, then a link to the application would be useful.

Sorry, it is just not possible, the applications all internal at my company. I think it is somewhat strange that going from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2 it stops working, with the exact same browser and version. I was kind of hoping it would be something in the upgrade that makes it obvious what it all is about, but then I guess it's not...

Maybe I should start looking at what a downgrade would give....

/Mans

Back