10 good tools for ~10% at macupdate

fryke

Staff member
Mod
Sounds almost too good... ;) ->

This morning, MacUpdate has launched a week-long sale offering 10 Mac applications ($433.82 value) for $49.99. These applications include:

• GraphicConverter - image editor/converter
• Fetch - FTP Client
• iWOW - iTunes audio enhancement plug in
• GarageSale - eBay auction software
• Cocktail - Mac OS X system utility
• ProfCast - Record presentations for podcasts
• Amadeus Pro - Multitrack Audio editor
• Little Snitch * - Prevents applications from "phoning home".
• Intaglio * - Drawing and Illustration
• TechTool Pro * - Repair utility

* Three of the applications are "locked" unless a certain number of goal sales are met. 2500 sales for Little Snitch, 4000 sales for Intaglio and 9999 sales for TechTool Pro. Once unlocked, they will be available for everyone who purchased a bundle.

I guess TTP is the most interesting to many, so I hope more than 10K people buy this bundle... -> http://www.mupromo.com/

Well, it all depends on whether you want some of the ones that you get anyway. Graphic Converter is worth its money, so is Fetch... I'd probably buy this if I needed 3 or 4 of those utilities. Then, if you _do_ get the higher-end pieces, all the better.

That said: I'm not in shareware need right now, so I'll probably skip this - unless they get to the 10K buyers soon enough. ;)

That is actually a pretty top-notch lineup. GraphicConverter is so essential I can't imagine not having it installed.

iSale is worth a mention, too, as it makes setting up and watching ebay auctions so easy it should be considered essential to anyone who auctions off more than a dozen things a year.

I already own licenses for Fetch, Graphic Converter and TechTool Pro 4, so its not worth it to me.

But you're certainly one who could say it's a great deal for those who don't, no? ;)

Shhh...

Now, you didn't hear this from me, ok?

It looks like MacHeist might have taken revenge on MacUpdate and stolen the promotion while MacUpdate weren't looking. They've swiped all 10 applications and 12 months MacUpdate membership, and have thrown in an extra few apps: BrowseBack, Exces and LinkLinus. They've also stolen free early access to private beta versions of PixelMator and Flow. Awesome.

Of course, you have to go to MacHeist and snoop around. That might mean sneaking into their website.

If you get caught, you never, ever saw us. Ok?

Hurray Hurray, all 3 apps unlocked (Little Snitch, Intaglio, TechTool Pro), just purchased 10 apps for $50, plus they'll give a bonus app PhotoPresenter :) :) :) :)

Grab this offer while you can 2 more days left. :) :) :)

wasn't Tech Tool originally waiting for 9,999 purchases before it would be unlocked? looks like they dropped it to 5,999.

To play devil's advocate for just a moment: it would seem a lot of these apps, if not all, are at the end of their cycle. With leopard delayed, I'm sure these companies have 10.5 compatible versions ready to go as soon as it ships. Especially when you're talking about TTP and Cocktail, they will likely not work in Leopard (some suggest TTP has only recently become stable enough to use on an Intel Mac running Tiger).

/devil

EDIT: not to say this isn't worth ever cent, obviously it is! just sayin' :)

Also, if TTP really took this long to become stable enough to work with Tiger, you'd be better off staying with Tiger and _this_ version of TTP than to upgrade to Leopard and an unstable version of TTP. :p

Symphonix

Can you please give a specific link to the MacHeist deal. I've used them before and been very happy. I just searched their site and can't locate what you are referring to.

As usual you go for the 2-3 really useful apps and the rest are cream on the deal.

I'd be interested in the latest version of GraphicConverter (I own it but would have to upgrade), Mac Tools Pro, Little Snitch and Intaglio. The rest are to play with.

Back