12" PB can read LaCie 80GB external HD but not 15"??

mapocathy

Registered
Hi I tried to look up the answer from the forum but didn't find one on this topic, apologize if I happened to be cross-posting!

I got this LaCie 80GB 2.5' hard disk, with a USB cable, from my sister. When I plug it in my 12" G4 1GHz powerbook 10.4.0 it shows up like a normal usb driver and functions brilliantly.

But the weird thing is when I attach it to my 15" G4 1.33GHZ 10.4.7 powerbook strange things happen:

(1) when I plug it into the left-hand side USB, Strange, electronic beeping sound errupts that freaks me out. Sounds like a timed bomb about to explode. I was too scared to not unplug it.

(2) when I plug it to the right-hand side USB, the light would only flash alternatively in orange and yellow, contrary to how it's like when plugged into the 12" (yellow light constantly on).

(3) either way the 15" doesn't recognize the harddisk. There is no desktop mounting image, nor in disk utility.

Is there anyway I can make my 15" recognize the HD? Appreciate if you would kindly advise on this! :s

Yeah i know! I've got to the LaCie website however they only have 'SAFE' hard disk update which I suspect is the encryption functionalities instead of the driver updates per se.....

Back