12" PB Feedback

i love it, it's form factor is great, wireless connectivity is good, doing lite photoshop or illustrator runs fine. The left side does get VERY hot when plugged in but otherwise the heat isnt any different from other laptops ive seen, the one thing i would suggest would be an external monitor if you will be sitting at a desk, when you have a ton of app's or pages open you'll appreciate the added space.

If only Apple had that out when I bought my TiBook 15"/1GHz/DVD-R... :mad:

Let's just say that I would be a proud owner of a certain 12" PowerBook :rolleyes: :p

;)

Love mine. But 2 gripes:

1. Battery time sucks. I've read there are problems with the battery running out too fast. I haven't properly investigated whether mine has this particular problem or not, or whether it's just another case of Apple's overzealous advertising.

2. As nb3004 says: It get's HOT!

But overall, I think it's the most beautifully and thoughtfully designed laptop I've ever seen.

i actually have a mini fan on my desk that ill aim at the computer if i am working for an extended period of time, lol.
I usually get 3 to 3 1/2 hours on one battery or 2 hours if i am going to watch a dvd,

I love mine. It has been the most useful computer that I have ever owned. The battery life is alright to me but the heat is enough to warm you up if you use it sitting on your lap.

The screen is great and it works great hooked up to an external monitor with the lid closed as well. It is a well thought out and executed design for a laptop that I have ever seen.

Well i'm still waiting for mine but I should get it by next week. Thanks everyone for all of the feedback! I can't wait to get it.

It's amazing, and doubles as a room heater :)

I have to go out with mine - I find myself not working at home any more, rather in the coffee shop down the road, so that people can see it, and other macheads come up to say hello.

I love my 12" Powerbook. Its quite a beautiful computer. More then quick enough for what I need. And yes, an external monitor is a nice thing to have with it. I would definately recommend this computer to anyone, and actually have done so.

Apple should make stickers or badges or better yet T-Shirts:

I Love My 12" PowerBook!

:)

They're cute and they're cuddly, and they're ready to please!

I'm still promoting the iBooks. There have been a lot of people around me looking for a 'second' computer. A notebook, you know. And the iBooks are really a steal. You get all the Macintosh advantages (okay, except AltiVec...) at a nice price. As a second computer, you don't even need the combo drive version. Basically, I got them into thinking about the iBook by showing them the entry-level price. They all got combo drive versions afterwards, of course. And finally, I bought mine, too some six months ago. ;-)

I LOVE MY 12" Powerbook!!!
I wanted a 17"... but 12" is enough. You'll love it! I took a hammer to my old ass iMac when I got my powerbook...

No regrets on our 12" powerbook. It's really my girlfriends, but I'm using it pretty heavily until my dual G5 arrives (mid-october!). The heat does get annoying, especially when working on it in a 'non-standard' position (like in bed, or curled up on the couch). I find the heat to be problematic regardless of whether or not it's plugged in or if the battery is in.

On that note, has anyone tried this?
http://www.themacsmith.com/cybercooler.html

There is also another one that I can't find right now that is about 13" wide, and is similar in design to the front of the G5 and has curved sides.

Originally posted by Cat
Apple should make stickers or badges or better yet T-Shirts:

I Love My 12" PowerBook!

:)

They're cute and they're cuddly, and they're ready to please!

I would SO buy one of those.

Back