12" powerbook to display on TV

rdennison

Registered
so i been researching on how to do this, the best thing i found was this...

http://www.monstercable.com/computer/productPageComputer.asp?pin=2697

very efficient b/c it has the video and audio all one one cable. haven't been able to find it for the life of me. only finding ones for the 15" & 17" powerbooks (which is the same, but for video its a s-video wire). also finding a cable for the iBooks. but NONE for the 12" powerbook.

another alternative is getting this....

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...kB2jQBZ5j1UfZY4dh/2.0.11.1.0.6.10.1.22.1.17.0

...AND the wire like in the first link, but for the bigger power books and use the s-video wire on that wire to connect to the above adapter.

you guys know of any (easier) alternatives??

-rob

Didn't you get an adapter with the alubook bundle? My brothers 12'' alubook came with one that has a s-video and cinch plug. If your tv only has scart-plugs (as it is for mine) you can get a very cheap cinch-scart adaptor.

m8734ga_125.jpg

i have a question somewhat related to this(i don't mean to steal your tread, rdennison, but i think zammy's answer is what you're lokking for..):

when i connect my iBook to my TV everything is all too pixel pixel pixel. i mean, if a want to watch a movie, the darker colours are very pixelated(?), wich may get VERY annoying.. is this only becuase of my somewhat dated video-card? or is this a way to fix this?

alex.

do those pixels just occur on the tv screen or even on your ibook screen? Such kind of pixels could be related to the video codec. Does it happen with DVDs as well?

well, normally, if i watch it on the display it is allright.. but remember that is a 12"-display, so i always just figured my video-card was just about strong enough to give me a decent picture on that, but wasn't capable of blowing things up.. the screen will be kinda blurry whatever i do, for example if i am just working with my desktop or anything on the tv, it's not just related to the movies..

i haven't tested with a dvd, though, so i might give it a shot to see if there is a difference. i guess there will be, cus lately i've been watching movies ripped to mpeg to fit onto one cd. meaning they have been seriously compressed in quality..

alex.

Didn't you get an adapter with the alubook bundle?

My 12" PowerBook (1.33 Ghz) came with two adapters (mini-DVI to DVI, and mini-DVI to VGA). No S-video or RCA connector. I had to buy a mini-DVI to RCA/S-Video adapter an at Apple Store (19.99 U.S. bucks). For the audio, I took a minijack to RCA adapter. I used it for a college presentation... all went smooth. Although, if the purchase of these two cables would hit the 30 bucks mark, I'd rather go for the monstercable all-in-one... more tidy.

i ended up purchasing the mini-DVI to RCA/S-Video adapter from apple as well as the minijack to RCA adapter for sound. works very well especially after i played with all the configuration. works exactly how i want it

Back