12" vs. 15" PowerBook. Which one to get?

drustar

Gold Member
I do web design and hand-coding of html pages and the like. I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on which to get - as a formidable machine to do work on such machine. I clearly know the advantages - more screen real estate w/ the 15" and portability on the 12". I just would like to get everyone's opinion as far as experience.

Any opinion would be greatly appreciated!

I have a 15, 12 is to small 17 is to big 15 is just right. I am going to buy another 15 when they have G5s.

Get the 15" one. It's still highly portable, and the extra screen space/higher resolution (15" @ up to 1280x854 vs. 12" @ up to 1024x768) is welcomed when coding.

As soon as the G5 books come out, I'll be getting a 15" model to replace the iBook. I almost bought a G4 15" powerbook after x-mass, but found the iBook at an excellent price that was too good to pass on.

15" Without a doubt. I had a 12" for a while, using Dreamweaver, and found it an absolute pig, the screen was totally crammed.

The 15" is so much better.

15inch powerbook. If you would consider the 12inch alubook, you should rather think of an iBook. But 15inch alubook is the best choice if the money is ok for you.

Get the 12" with a nice dual screen - having 1024x768 is kind of tough, but the footprint and weight of the 12" makes it so much more portable.

12" for portability! If you need more room youll be buying an external monitor anyways!

Looks like I caved to the 12". I am very happy and satisfied w/ it. The occasional temperature of the PowerBook is hot but awesome nonetheless. It's hot like a coffee at Starbucks when it runs on battery. Strange.

Next thing for my PowerBook, 20inch display and 1GB of ram!

Hmmm, right now I don't see a huge difference between the iBook 12'' and powerbook 12'' beside the different case and the much higher cost for the powerbook. I would have picked the iBook and saved the money for a wonderful screen...

Stain? How on earth does someone manage that? <G> :D

Coffee + iBook = BAD
Food + iBook = BAD

Back