16GB iPhone Yahoo!!

alra111

Registered
I was thrilled to hear about the upgrade to the iPhone's capacity. I knew I should wait!

I might get one now, but I have a question. We have one iMac (at the moment--soon to be two) and we will both have an iPhone syncing to the same iMac. Can I choose which contacts I want to import into my iPhone and not import ALL his contacts into mine? We may want to have some contacts on both or phones, but not necessarily all of them.

How about songs? Can I import my songs only and not his?

Ditto for the pictures. If he takes photos on his phone, they sync into iPhoto on the computer. Will they end up on my phone when I sync my phone?

Also, will I be allowed to display my contacts as "Last name, First Name" on my phone and while he likes his as "First name Last Name"?

Thanks,
Alra111

Can I choose which contacts I want to import into my iPhone and not import ALL his contacts into mine?

Yes. First, name the two iPhones different names. Then, separate the contacts, either by having two separate user accounts on the machine, or by putting together two folders in Address Book and putting "his contacts" into one and "my contacts" into another. iTunes will let you choose which contacts to synchronise.

How about songs? Can I import my songs only and not his?

Yes. As you sync up each iPhone with iTunes, you'll get to choose which playlists you want to use and how you want to manage your songs.

Ditto for the pictures. If he takes photos on his phone, they sync into iPhoto on the computer. Will they end up on my phone when I sync my phone?

Much the same thing again. If you had separate user accounts on the machine that would be easiest. Otherwise you'll need to use different albums in iPhoto, and tell it to sync particular albums.

Also, will I be allowed to display my contacts as "Last name, First Name" on my phone and while he likes his as "First name Last Name"?

I'm pretty sure that is a yes, too.

Back