17" iMac, OS X 10.2 at Palo Alto Apple Store!

simX

Unofficial Mac Genius
Today, merely a day after the MWNY keynote, I went down to the Apple Store in Palo Alto and what do I see? A knock-your-socks-off 17" flat-panel iMac. OMG do I want one. That's gonna be the next Mac I get. :)

And also, to my surprise, they had installed the beta version of Jaguar on it! I got to play around with it – very, very nice. Did you know that with the zoom feature in Universal Access you can zoom in on one single pixel? Now THAT'S what I call overkill. :p

The revised Get Info panel looks very nice (although the Inspector window seems to have gone), iChat seemed slick (although I tried it out for like 2 seconds), and I really loved Sherlock 3 and the integrated Find feature right in the Finder. Unfortunately, as has been reported, the "minimize in place" feature seems to have been missing. :(

I didn't have too much time to check it out – I might go one of these days just to get a good look at Jaguar (and to check out all the questions I have about Jaguar when I remember them :) ).

i'm glad i waited till after macworld to get a new iMac... now i can get that 17" for only 100 bucks more than i planned on spending :D

Originally posted by ddma
Did you try to resize windows like in the browers or any iApps?

No.. but Finder window resizing was super-smooth.. of course, resizing in IE was STILL dog-slow (figures as much.. I should have done Apple a favor and downloaded & installed OmniWeb :p ).

How comes that Apple still can't fix the resizing problem even with Quartz Extreme? It is quite bother me... And my PC friends always laught at me because I cannot resize my iApps' windows smoothly!

IE is MICROSOFT'S problem, not Apple's. Finder windows, and browsers like OmniWeb resize pretty well as it is without Quartz Extreme. IE is just crap.

resize in some cocoa apps are fine in OS X 10.1.5 indeed but still not the best-standard. but iApps like iPhotos is terrible.

Back