1st Gen 20" Studio Display (on GeForce 7300 GT)

sp_clark

Registered
How can I?

The point being I'm running two desktop Macs currently, one (2x800 MHz) exclusively for legacy apps now "runnable" on Leopard.

I can use the second monitor to good advantage if I can locate an adapter to plug it into my Mac Pro's 2nd graphics card port.

Suggestions, links welcome.

The first generation 20-inch LCD is not called a Studio Display, but is known as an Apple Cinema Display. Is that what you are referring to? or, one of the older 21-inch models. In that case, the first generation is not a flat panel, but is a CRT Studio Display. Do you have the CRT model?

Then, you need a DVI to VGA adapter - easily available.

If your display has an ADC connector, then you will have to locate a DVI to ADC converter. Apple has had one that goes for about $100. It is expensive, because you have to provide power for the display through the adapter.
Here it is at the Apple Store - http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?find=m8661

Yep, you're correct - Cinema Display's the 20-inch. My MacPro has the 30" Studio Display, also 1st gen.

The DVI>ADC converter's the thing I need; I believe I have one from Dr Bott at home running my 17" Apple LCD display off the G4/500MHz I use there.

Not sure it's worth the $$ to buy another converter.

Thanks for your reply DeltaMac!

Back