2 questions Multiple accounts? (sendmail and ftp)

ghazban

Registered
1.How do I set up several accounts for sendmail? Without having to create a whole new user account in sys-prefs, since I ONLY want the mail functionality.

2. Can I set up the built-in ftp server to accept several users (again, just for ftp, not "normal" users) that should also have access to exactly the same places on the hd?

I searched the forum, but maybe I entered the wrong words, because I can't find anything... Links or reply, any would be great =)
TIA

I found an old thread about it, with a script somebody had created to create and remove mail-only users. It works fine for me it seems. However, I have yet to find out how to check email from the accounts except my own.

Using: sudo mail -u username
does the trick, IF mail has got in, and then it still reads it to my account (so sending replys will add my address to the reply). If the user "username" haven't got any new mail, it returns an error saying that the mailbox doesn't exist.
What the -u username does is to simply open the other users mailbox from my account. Not happy. Will this be solved if I add an IMAP or POP server? I guess so, but if I want to use PHP to build a webbased email-client, it will probably be problematic. Any advice?

Back