2 questions.

New2Mac06

Registered
1. Is there anyway to click a URL on a page, and choose an option such as "open in new window"?

2. How do i clear my history, cookies, cache, and etc from Safari?

Thanks for the help.

If you hold down Control and click on a link, you'll get a contextual menu like in Windows. Control-clicking has been around since Mac OS 8.0. In Mac OS X, if you plug in a 2-button USB mouse, the right-click button will act in the same manner as in Windows.

The nice thing about Safari (if you enable it in the Preferences for Safari), Firefox, Opera, and most other new browsers is that you can select to open the link in a new tab, leaving you one browser window with neatly organized tabs which don't clutter your desktop with a bunch of browser windows.

1.) Yes. Either click while holding down the Command key (also known as "Cmd" or "Apple" key) while clicking on a link or the Ctrl-key (brings up a contextual menu).

2.) The Cache can be emptied by pressing Cmd-Opt-E (Apple, Alternate and the "e" key). History is erased with this, too, I think. Other stuff might be found in preferences.

Almost forgot. To clear all of those things from Safari, go to the Safari menu and select "Reset Safari".

Back