20 aniversary black imac

mi5moav

Registered
I have a pretty good feeling they'll be introducing a black imac at macworld this year. I don't think the price will be much different from the rest of the line just shiny black and metallic. Pretty much same form factor as the one we have now. Just a small ghz boost to 1.4 / 1.6 G4 processor. I think the cooling issues are still major issues that need more than 3 to 6 months to resolve.

20th anniversary (of the first MacIntosh) would have been probably released around 24th January - not in July. :-/

I think they will release a 20th anniversary Mac whose chassis is the exact same form/screen as the original Mac, but in a translucent "Bondi Blue" shell. It will be an homage to two systems that revolutionized the company, and the industry.

mi5moav said:
I have a pretty good feeling they'll be introducing a black imac at macworld this year. I don't think the price will be much different from the rest of the line just shiny black and metallic. Pretty much same form factor as the one we have now. Just a small ghz boost to 1.4 / 1.6 G4 processor. I think the cooling issues are still major issues that need more than 3 to 6 months to resolve.

At Macworld? When? They aren't going to the one in Boston.

Ripcord said:
I think they will release a 20th anniversary Mac whose chassis is the exact same form/screen as the original Mac, but in a translucent "Bondi Blue" shell. It will be an homage to two systems that revolutionized the company, and the industry.
That sounds exactly like the original iMac... did you mean the original iMac G4?

In that case, can you say Flower Power? ::alien::

He said "original Mac", not original iMac.

That would be very very cool from a geek perspective, but wouldn't sell at all on a consumer level...

although... kind of cool if they did re-release the original mac... I bet people would buy it. The only shortcoming would be the screen size... hmm maybe I wouldn't buy it.

Does Motorola even make a 1.4 or 1.6ghz G4?

The thousands of people with PowerMac G4s with 1.42 Ghz CPUs makes me think yes on the first one. The second could probably be achieved with overclocking on apples part.

Back