2003 Server/Mac OSX Printing Help!!

rboklewski

Registered
Well ive tried everywhere, so i guess ill try here. We currently have a Windows NT print server supporting our macintosh osx and windows xp clients. There are no issues with this print server whatsoever. However, im testing printing through another server, but it is windows server 2003. I installed the printer using tcp/ip and turned on the mac printing services. I can see the printer in the appletalk window on my mac osx client and i go to install it and choose the same ppd file as i would if i were installing a printer from the current windows NT print server (I don't know if that is right, or if there is another ppd i should be using) But when i go to print from any website or QuarkXpress i get an error page.

%%[Error: syntax; OffendingCommand:-nostringval--]%%
%%[Flushing: rest of the job (to end of file)will be ignored]%%

When i go back to install the same printer from the NT server using the same ppd, it works perfectly. Can i not use 2003 server for printing with OSX? Or am i doing something wrong with appletalk on the 2003 server. Please Help!!

hi i have the same problem i have a epson c60 if i plug the printer into my mac directly it works fine but i cant print over a network i have server 2003 enterprise edition. anyone have a fix for this?

regards M.D

Back