2nd Place at MWSF Unreal Tournament ^^

JetwingX

iWork for Apple <3
i placed 2nd @ the UT2k4 tournament. We got to play a LAN game between 16 people on a 30" screen and i don't think i can ever go back to anything smaller

Ufff! Was the game running at the native resolution of the screen? I think that will allow you to adjust a great fov value, huh? :)

What kinda machine was used? If the details were maxed out and running at the native resolution of the 30", I'll be really impressed(and envious) with the machines.

Viro said:
What kinda machine was used? If the details were maxed out and running at the native resolution of the 30", I'll be really impressed(and envious) with the machines.

it was a maxed out G5 2.5 ghz machine

game was at a native 30" resolution graphics some on normal most maxed

DAMN! When was that? I would have sat down instantly and played, had I known there would be a tournament. Unfortunately, the extent of my MWSF gaming was spent on XIII and that thing-in-a-bubble game from Ambrosia.

here's my proof

17.jpg

Probably not too noticeable, since you're running at the native resolution of the LCD monitor and the resolution is ridiculously high. Even on my powerbook 12", running games at native resolution looks sweet. I can't even begin to imagine what running on a 30" screen will be like...

The resolution of the 30'' cinema screen is around 100ppi. The 1280x854 powerbook screen also has 100ppi. So, actually the effect of not using AA is the same for both screens if you don't consider the distance between eyes and screen.

Back