3-D Displays?? Eh?

Stridder44

Universal Traveler
I read this thing on MacRumors that said the several electronic companies were working together to come up with a 3-D display. "Apple was is rumored to be working on "Stereoscopic" displays which has presumed to be related technology." (a quote from Macrumors). Does anyone know anything on this? I've heard some stuff about it, but very vauge. :confused: :p

well i didn't read it, but its probably the same of what i've heard, its just two lcd pannels placed right next to each other w/ a very small space between them, and makes it look kinda 3dish

I heard about the stacked display trick a while back too. Absolutely incredible idea. I cannot wait until something like that is available.

Of course I'd like to see how they plan on making this even remotely affordable. :(

- Brian

If 'games' is a practical use, then there is, I think. I'm not a gamer myself, but some games might surely make good use of such technology.

I'd still rather have 'real' 3D with good (and light) dual-screen glasses.

I can see it in kiosks, another way to grab attention, although than the Jaws 3D hologram from Back to the Future 2 I believe would be sweet if they were able to make that in my lifetime.

although than the Jaws 3D hologram from Back to the Future 2 I believe would be sweet if they were able to make that in my lifetime.

That depends... When was the "back to the future 2"-film supposed to take place? :D

Back