30 inch cinema display?

mr. k

Registered
Sources inside one of Apple's existing LCD panel suppliers report that "final prototype work has been completed" for a 30-inch Cinema Display with 2400x1500 pixel resolution and "extremely high color saturation" levels.

http://www.envestco2.com/macwhispers/archives/000048.php

wow... 30 inches! Thats gargantuan! I just hope its not fake. How would you like to have side by side 30" displays :) That would be called screen space :) and a total of 4800x3000 pixel res... WOWie.

i can see it now...
17 inch...
17powerbook.jpg

30 inch...
30powerbook.jpg

yeah, i just stretched it. i had to do a little cutting around the feet, but it worked out pretty well for a quick chop. ^_^

well, nice job! But a 30 inch display would be freaking awsome if you were video editing or editing period all the time. Just think of all the extra work space you'd have compaired to a 19inch display...Holy Junk! Thats a lot of freaking room!!

I'd buy a powermac with 4*180GB hd's...
and add dual 30 inchers
then get a formac studio
and have the ultimate machine.
I could have a tv screen on the second monitor while I worked on anything or just browsed the web, and I could have a tivo that could record millions of hours of footage!
I'm dreamin.

how do you make a 30 inch that ISN'T widescreen? :). hope these rumors are substantial, everyone with money would want a mac. I would have to get some money!

Ah now, where the heck do I put the thing? Oh yeah, of course - bigger desk, bigger office.

I hope it comes with wall mounting brackets!

Yeah the New 30 inches Powerbook should look fine in someone's truck ! ! ! :p
But the flat screen on its own is a must have for studio and video post production for space saving monitors, even though this one must be very large...

Back