3D Model Loading sample code

PowerMacX

Registered
Does anybody know where could I find a simple 3DS or Quake model loading C/C++ code WITH a ProjectBuilder project (or at least based on GLUT)?

Also, are there any free model editors for OS X, for making 3DS, OBJ or other model formats?

Thanks!

I downloaded Blender3D:confused: ... It has the WORST interface EVER!!!!!!! (And the worst documentation too:( )

About the 3D model loading, I found Quake II & Quake III loaders (& animators) based on SDL for linux, and I ported both to mac in about 3 days (the PPC uses different byte-ordering than the Pentium the code was written for).

Bye

I've used this program too (on the Windows side) and I say, what do you expect for a free program, a luxury hotel suite? Blender isn't unusable, and it's free, so unless you want to pay a ton of money for something else you should probably use it.

Hi Captain Code! Thanks for the link. Actually, that's where I found the Quake II & III (.md2 & .md3) loaders & animators I ported. There are many other good model-loading tutorial there!

I've used this program too (on the Windows side) and I say, what do you expect for a free program, a luxury hotel suite? Blender isn't unusable, and it's free, so unless you want to pay a ton of money for something else you should probably use it.

It's true, it is free... but, I mean, how am I supposed to understand it (see attachment) without a manual?
Also, no, I don't expect a "luxury hotel suite", I just want a SIMPLE, BASIC program. Blender is free, and it has a lot of functions, but, well... it has TOO MANY functions, and without a good manual I'm never going to find out what the program is really capable of. Still, that doesn't mean I'll just trash it, I'll try to figure it out, but a simpler, "less powerfull" but more usable (at least without a long learning curve) program is what I was looking for, and all I really needed.

Attachments

• blender.jpg
    blender.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 10
True, true, it has lots of features... but unless you want to shell out hundreds to thousands of greenbacks for a commercial modeler, I suggest you start experimenting.

Back