4 on the floor

Klink

I suspect there are some car enthusiasts here. Which make do you own that is your passion and why? Anyone restore?

I dig Fiat Spiders. I'm on my 4th ('77 1800). I think they are extremely fun to drive, easy to work on (if you have small hands and can contort your body), you can get creative with engineering your own solutions, parts are still being manufactured and are dirt cheap, and the car is a tribute to a fine automotive engineer/designer Battista Farina and son Sergio (Pininfarina). I think this is the closest I'll get to having a Ferrari or Lamborghini.
For the longest time I was a big fan of the Detroit iron horses of the late 60's early 70's (leaning towards mopars - the 426 Hemi was my fave). Now there was some raw muscle. A stock affordable car that rolled out the factory with 350+ horsepower! Very cool.... as long as you drove them in a straight line.
But sensible issues had overcome my lust for raw power. I've grown to love small sports cars. And living in New York and having a small car is definitely a big plus.
Gotta give props to the Germans, they can make a nice pizz-a machinery to.

Share anyone?

Back