4 YD Linux Questions

loom001

Registered
I installed YD today and have run into a few issues that I am hoping that someone can help me with.

1. YABOOT For some reason it does not see my OS X partition so from the YABOOT manager I can not get to my OS X partition. I am able to use the option key and select it and load to OS X, but I want to get it in the YABOOT manager so I can default to the OS X if I do nothing.

2. It found my G4 sound card but will only uses the Speaker built in my MDD tower. How do i get it to see my exteral speakers? I don't have Apple speakers so i am using the other port on the built in sound card.

3. Video I have the 64meg Nvidia GeForce MX. In the setup I didn't see that exact model so I was force to use Nvidia GeForce Generic. Is there a better driver to use? I have to keep adjusting my Monitor between OS X and Yellow Dog.

4. Yellow Dog Linux forum's? Are there any good forums out there like macosx for the Yellow Dog OS?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can supply!!

When you set up YaBoot you absolutely must label the OSX partion as macosx and a OS9 partition as macos in YaBoot (this is in the final steps of the text instalation process). If you do not, but use another label (i.e. osx) then it will not show up as a choice during the boot.

Back