5.1 Soundcards

HateEternal

Mac Metal Head
I really want to get these (amazing) 5.1 headphones but there is one problem... my G5 doesn't have any way of connecting with them because they use 3 1/8inch jacks and the mac only has 1 stereo jack and the optical jack.

So here are my two options:
1. Get a 5.1 (or 7.1) receiver that has optical. This is my favorite option because in the future when I get my own place and want a surround system I will have an receiver already. Unfortunantly, I don't really have room on my desk and I don't want to spend this much money. It is also hard to find receivers that have RCA outputs for each speaker that I can connect the headphones to.

2. Get a 5.1 (or 7.1) sound card for my G5. I wouldn't mind this... but I cannot find a good, decently priced surround soundcard for Mac anywhere. The only one I found was this M-Audio card that got terrible reviews. If this were a PC I'd have no problem finding something... if I only I still had my PC... that had built in 7.1... dammit.

Any suggestions?

Ack, I ran into a couple other threads like this... doesn't look too promising. The M-Audio Sonica Theatre doesn't seem to be available anymore.

Back