5G59 -- May be of some interest to you...

swizcore

Help Guide Coordinator
Well, I just installed the 5G59 seed of OS X 10.1. First of all, those of you desiring info on the Airport setup- There are two default Airport utilities 1. Airport Admin Utility and 2. Airport Setup Assistant. The "About This Mac" box no longer displays "pre-release" it looks like the pic below. Very few visible differences from 5G49 other than the "About..." window. This build is solid, although there is still no Greek Localized Language install. Sorry for those who desire it. Additional installs with this seed are:
iTunes 1.1.2
DVD Player 3.0
iMovie 2.1.1
Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.00
Quicktime 5.0.2
Mail 1.1 (v471/472)
Internet Explorer 5.1.2
Disc Copy 10.1

All in all, this may as well be the final. It is not tremendously faster than 5G49 but it is noticeable in the majority of Finder processes. Fell free to shoot me some questions if your interested.

Attachments

• atmac.jpg
    atmac.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 364
I had been wondering where to post this... I'll stick it here:

Last night I had this utterly scary dream.
For those of you who don't know, I live, breath, drink, and eat in a land of Mac OS X and Linux, so I'm a bit of a freak... hehe

Anyway, I dreamed that I drove up to the Apple store (a 90 mile trip), and I wanted the new version of Mac OS X, 10.1. I didn't have any money with me because Steve Jobs had said it would be a free upgrade.

Well, the store clerk told me that it would be $18. I didn't have $18. So I started yelling at her about free software, Steve Jobs's address, and such, and I got thrown out of the store by some security guards. To top it off, I wasn't allowed to get my copy of Mac OS 10.1. It was scary.

Paging Dr. Freud...

Originally posted by kilowatt
...and I got thrown out of the store by some security guards. To top it off, I wasn't allowed to get my copy of Mac OS 10.1. It was scary.

Paging Dr. Freud...
I thought this was pretty funny, until that last line where you said you wern't alowed to get 10.1. That scared me just thinking about it.:eek:

(not really mac os x... but anyway)

back in the day when I used to play WC2, my friend had a rather funny dream...

In his dream, he was in his room when he heard somebody knocking on the door... they were banging the door really hard, so he ran to open the door...

then he found 2 Ogre Mages with BloodLust!!!

well... the funniest sh*t is... when he saw the ogres, he was thinking...

"Damn, I don't even have my guard towers up yet!!!"

then he woke up in cold sweat... I guess he surrendered and left the game (dream)...

I was once playing DIablo 2... lol... when I first say diablo he scared the living saylights outta me lol It was too sudden

But I kicked the^(&&*^ outta him :p

THis WAS NOT a dream :p

Once i was on my way on winter holliday in the alpes...

I had been drinking a lot of whiskey the day before, and when I woke up I couldn't see much, everything was blurred, so i tried - in my mind - to right-click "reality" to set the screen to a higher resolution.

This is the reult of working about a year strait without any hollidays as a web developer on a f*king m$ windoze box.

My first thought... I'll never use anything but my "human" mac again.

Macintosh rules!!!!!!!!

kilowatt: Well (you might have seen me post this somewhere else), your dream was wrong. You will be able to get the OS X 10.1 update package free from all Apple retail stores. Now, is it worth the 90-mile trek? Probably not, with gas prices this high. :p :p :p

-- simX

I realize that this is a minor issue considering all that 10.1 is purported to offer, but...

My iTunes Visualize performance is dagnabbit bad. Is this at all addressed in this 10.1 and associated iTunes update?

Originally posted by pbrice
My iTunes Visualize performance is dagnabbit bad. Is this at all addressed in this 10.1 and associated iTunes update?

I read somewhere (don't remember where, sorry) that it runs at at least 17fps. I don't remember what kind of computer it was on, but I don't think it was a G4.

Wolf I like your avatar lol...
(lol but your name shold have been "fox" ... stupid like a fox! :p lol ;) .. somehow homer simpson comes to mind :p)

Admiral

I just installed SG59. It is fast. App launches in 1-2 bounces on my G4 400. Only thing that is a little slow is scrolling in IE. It has gotten much faster from 10.04, however. Other than that, MS Messenger doesn't seem to work. It can only get better.

:)

Yeah, it was just a dream... Although honestly, Mac OS X is a dream come true.

Quite offten, I dream I'm using a computer, hacking away compiling programs and such. Even searching the web.

And I actually have dreamed up stuff like Mac OS X. If you ask me, those apple designers have some serious (ahem, steve jobs ahem acid...) dreaming going on.

Playing an aiff (The Wall, Another Brick in the wall, part 1) in iTunes with Omni web open, I got between 16 and 21 fps. Thats in the high-rez mode (its much faster in the low rrez mode). I'm on a Quicksilver 733 with the 32meg video card and 640 megs of ram (got a *great* deal on ram, thanks to this board). In low rez mode, iTunes goes from 27 to 30 fps! not to bad! Of course, its better in OS 9...

Mac OS X 10.0.4

Back