7b44 ? :)

Nothing we can do but download and see what it does, although the note about file vault not working with the previous version is a tad worrying. Hope none of you out there actually used it yet?
Still hoping Apple make Mail compatible with Exchange though.

G4 1Ghz, 1Gb Ram. Running 10.2.6 on main drive, Panther 7b39 on secondary (at least until I get 7b44 anyway)

I used file vault, but backed up before I did. I turned it on and it took an hour to encrypt my home folder. It made like 3 copies of my home folder... and one had the icon for a server. Then turned it off, and it deleted everything. Restored and was fine afterwards.

44 is much more stable than 39 for me. Trash icon now updates. Haven't had anything crash yet after using it for a day.

Did you see the movie of 3D sheets on that page? It should be a lot smoother than that because they had recording software going.

I imagine shift-click will be included with sheets as well. :D

I have some problems on 7b44:

quicktime works badly with divx: even if i've installed divx 5.0.7 and 3ivx 4.0.4 codecs, it keeps several seconds to open the avi files (much more than before) and it doesn't play sounds or it plays them badly.
VLC 0.6.2 runs divx without sound

when i've installed the WWDC release of jaguar, quicktime worked perfectly, even if VLC was as on 7b44.

:confused: :confused:

Thank u, MPlayer works better on panther, even if I prefer VLC on jaguar.

I've another problem:
if i put a folder on the dock, for example my home, and i click on it, it doesn't appear the window with the folder.
If I click with right button and "browse" the folder, for example ~/Desktop/ and I click on a file in it, it appears the Desktop folder.

Seems that it shows the containing folder.
Is there a pref to change??

Back