7b74

Do you think it might just be the Panther disk images that won't mount? They might have done that to try and mess up the people that were downloading the betas and not burning all the cds.

Yeah, sure: Let's piss off our developers. That'll be fun. :/ ... But you're right, it's basically the Xcode 7B74 that I can't open. Maybe it's the multipart-dmgs that don't load? Well, I'm gonna burn it in Jaguar, then... (Toast crashes on opening the .dmg...)

Has anyone tried Panther on a G5 system? Just curious if anyone's noticed any problems.

I thought it was odd, too, that 10.2.7 so far was G5 only, and 10.2.8 was not (yet?) released to run on the G5. Is it possible that there's something being built into the recent released that has been platform-dependent?

What do you mean majorly screwed up? What's wrong with it?

It's never worked better on my machine :\

me and fryke both have ibooks, so that might explain that... the movie plays through in little visual blocks.... i would show you a screen shot, but i moved half my stuff....

fryke?

Can't make screenshots of DVD player... But yep: For me, too, it's little blocks that are messed up... Guess we'll have to wait for another update... And watch DVDs in VLC for the time being...

Going against the advice of a friend ;) I am getting ready to load 74 on my TiBook... I'll let you know what I find.

yep. does for me. however, it seems to drop some frames... at least it's working. :)

Originally posted by Jason
DVD player is majorly screwed up in this build :(

How so? can you tell me what's screwed up in DVD Player?

notice the about box in DVD Player that it is a GM candidate.. hmm looks like nearing final GM ?

Well, I certainly hope they fix that bug before naming it _the_ GM... That version number (4.0GMc3) btw. is very old-Apple-style. Guess there are less NeXT-derived people in that area. ;-) (although in the 'old times' it would have been named 4.0fXc3, the X being a number also)...

Well: As far as we know, build 7B74 is not a final candidate yet. However, single apps inside can of course be final already. (I heard Quicktime 6.4 is final by now.)

Running sweet here. Don't know how recent these are as 28 was the last build I installed, but Firewire drives and USB sticks now have an eject button in the finder.

i noticed last night in safari when trying to access my linksys browser it crashed no matter what... but in jaguar is fine....

hmmmm

Back