8-Core MacPro released

Important: Mac Pro memory and hard drive kits designed for quad-core Mac Pro computers only are not qualified for use with a Mac Pro (8-Core) computers

Apple must have remove it quickly. If you search Apple's Techs for MacPro Memory you'll see the link.

This is what it said;

Mac Pro (8-Core): Memory and hard drive kit compatibility
With the release of Mac Pro (8-Core) computers, Apple has qualified additional memory and hard drive options. Apple memory and hard drive kits designed for Mac Pro (8-Core) computers are compatible with all Mac Pro computers (quad-core or 8-core).
Important: Mac Pro memory and hard drive kits designed for quad-core Mac Pro computers only are not qualified for use with a Mac Pro (8-Core) computers.

Apple kits compatible with all Mac Pro computers (quad-core and 8-core)
Part Number and description

MA985, 1GB 667MHz DDR2 FB DIMM ECC - 2x512MB
MA986, 2GB 667MHz DDR2 FB DIMM ECC - 2x1GB
MA987, 4GB 667MHz DDR2 FB DIMM ECC - 2x2GB
MA988, 500GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive for Mac pro
MA989, 750GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive for Mac pro
Apple kits compatible only with quad-core Mac Pro computers
Part Number and description

MA684, 1GB 667MHz DDR2 FB DIMM ECC - 2x512MB
MA685, 2GB 667MHz DDR2 FB DIMM ECC - 2x1GB
MA833, 4GB 667MHz DDR2 FB DIMM ECC - 2x2GB
MA690, 500GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive for Mac pro
MA851, 750GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive for Mac pro"

well, everyone is on laptops nowadays anyway. from all computers that apple sell, the majority is laptops anyway. and what's wrong with a coreduo macbook as 'the middle-model' ??

i'm working on a projhect that has to run on a mac-mini, and i'm pleasantly surprised by the power of this little sandwich-box. ok, not the best graphics etc.. but this mac-mini is already overkill for most people.
suppose i compile parts of my project about every 30 minutes or so, the rest of the time it\'s eating from it's noze playing mp3.
heavier equipment would only really make sense for people in graphics/video/3D/science or large software companies. and them i'm sure there's very few (mainstream) apps that can really utilize 8 cores.
AH! i know one, and that's called OSXwithImovieMailSafariDreamWeaveriTunesFetchOfficeetc...and more, all at the same time :)
you can run your whole familiy of of just 1 machine :?

(or for the same amount of money just buy 6 mac-mini's = 12 core :)

Back