800 Tibook Fan almost always on using 10.2

cseverance

Registered
Since upgrading to 10.2, the fan to my tibook (the loud one) is almost constantly on (which means that the tibook is really running hot!) The battery charger light is usually colored amber (not green). I have only six applications open and have a gig of ram. Under 10.1.5, the fan only came on when I had a ton of applications open or was running virtual pc. Any input would be most appreciated (hopefully before my tibook catches on fire!)

That's really odd... I didn't know they had a fan? I don't have one, so I may be wrong. Did you leave the cd in there by any chance? Sometimes an off balance cd will make a whole lotta noise. :)

J5

Called apple support and they recommended I update my firmware, which I did. Problem solved (thank god!) So far I have had excellent results contacting apple support. Their number is 800-275-2273.

Wow! So the tibooks do have a fan?? I've never seen a powerbook with a fan! How on earth do they fit all that stuff in there?!

Good to hear you got it straightened out.

J5

Hey,
I just bought a tibook 667. My fan is on alot as well. What version is the firmware you're using now, and where did you find it?

Thanks in advance!

j5

Back