9.1 Sleep/Sound probs

StormSilver

Registered
When I installed X, I thought, 'Hey, why not use my existing 9.1 for my Classic? That way I won't have to deal with different preference settings, and of COURSE Classic has come lightyears since the PB, so what could go wrong?" Yes, I know that was a pretty dumb thing to do. Anyway, after switching my Classic to a clean 9.1 install, I'm still having certain problems with native 9.1. I've disabled most of the Classic compatibility extensions.

But now, sound doesn't work. Whenever I try to start up something that utilizes sound, it gives me an error about something (I forgot, sorry). When I go into the sound control panel, the speakers tab is disabled, there is no output, there is no input, and the volume is all the way down and I can't turn it up.

Along with that, when I wake up from sleep, the desktop picture displays, except for where the menubar should be. This is a grayed out area, and nothing ever happens beyond that point. Hard reset time. :(

So if anyone has any ideas, I'd like to hear them. If not... I suppose I'll try replacing some extensions, and, failing that, I'll reinstall 9.1.

Back