9 booting killed all that was holy!

transmigrator

Registered
I don't know what happened....but,

I tried to set up At&t cable ISP, and upon doing so I was directed to boot in 9 (something I had not done in ages)....

up until this point, my classic was working fine and no problems ever booting in 9......

this time when i tried to boot in 9, it froze....had to do a hard restart......then i get the NO OS ? .........

long story short......i lost everything...was forced to reformat a drive and reinstall os 9 and X.2.3 .........

i then tried to boot in 9 again ....and low and behold...a freeze again, then the NO OS ?....and another reformat/reinstall fun time session

long story short.....OS 9 killed all that is holy and has left me in ruins since that fateful day......

anyone know what could be the problem...or has this happened with anyone else?

(I noticed some rumors about Jan. 1st and apple not allowing the boot in 9...this was around the 1st of the month.....)

*sorry about the long post....I hate to read myself.....

Yup - me too. Booted into 9 for the first time the other day on my new dual processor G4, running 10.2.3, froze when I selected 10 to start up and got the dreaded flashing question mark after a hard restart. I had to reinstall everything from scratch, and it's all fine, but I haven't tried to repeat the experience. This is the first time I've managed to find anyone else who's had the same thing happen.

Back