_rTotalSpace expected to be defined in QuickTime

TheBattman

I'd rather be fishin'
What in the world is this message?

It all started when I updated QuickTime to 6.4. I noticed that my favorite game quit working (Maffia). Upon investigation, I found the error in the Console log.

I finally did a fresh install of OSX 10.2 + all the updates since that time on an unused partition. Lo-and-behold, the game runs and no applications cause this error.

I reboot from my normal hard drive and the error is back.

I even booted into 9 and moved over preference files and everything else I could find from the fresh install, including a fresh copy of the finder.app and associated files, as well as all of my QuickTime files. Basically, the old and new System folders are now syncronized - yet the old system still gets the error, while the new one, despite being otherwise identical to the old one, does not get the error.

This would not be such an issue, except that the old system now has some intermitten crashing of the finder, with the same error message, just substituting "finder.app" in place of "Maffia.app".

I'm at a loss. Here is the error message. I will spare you all the crash log.

dyld: /Applications/Games/MAFFia.app/Contents/MacOS/MAFFia Undefined symbols:
/Library/QuickTime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents undefined reference to _rTotalSpace expected to be defined in QuickTime

Any suggestions (other than a fresh/archive install of my OS, which I am likely to do soon anyway)? Anything to check?

PowerMacintosh G4 Dual 1Ghz MDD, 1GB ram,OSX 10.2.8,QuckTime 6.4

I guess no-one has a clue....

I went ahead and did an archive/install of Jag with it set to carry over my user folder stuff.

All seems stable right now.

Back