A 3D question

mpbnl8182

Registered
Hi,

This question doesn't really fall under the Graphics/DTP category, but it has to do with imaging. For my senior thesis, i'm attempting to make 3 dimensional reconstructions from serial microscope sections. Is there any sort of OS X native software that anyone knows of that can do this? I'm using a program for OS 9 now, called SURFdriver, but it's OS 9 and somewhat flaky. And i've been spoiled by X.

Any help would be appreciated

Matt

Like an image of what you see through a microscope lens?

Try Canoma. It was discontinued a while back, but you could probably find a used copy of it somewhere. Alas, it only works for Classic, but I don't know of anything else that will do what you want.

Thanks for all the info. What I'm doing is taking a set of microscope images, each a certain distance apart, and "stacking" them up, in order to produce a 3D image.

I may be able to scrape up an example.

Matt

mpbnl8182 said:
Thanks for all the info. What I'm doing is taking a set of microscope images, each a certain distance apart, and "stacking" them up, in order to produce a 3D image.

I may be able to scrape up an example.

Matt

Maybe you can ask Here mpbnl8182.

Or Here. Someone might have some info... Maybe you can even ask for an equivalency...

Looked into Canoma -- It's not what I need, but thanks to everyone for quick replies. That's why I like this forum

Here's the program I'm using now:
SURFDriver

I was wondering if anyone's seen anything like this for X - or something that I can do with X11.

Thanks

Matt

mpbnl8182 said:
Looked into Canoma -- It's not what I need, but thanks to everyone for quick replies. That's why I like this forum

Here's the program I'm using now:
SURFDriver

I was wondering if anyone's seen anything like this for X - or something that I can do with X11.

Thanks

Matt

I unfortunately don't know anything about that software or alternatives... :(

But I was thinking that you might look Here or email the people Here or Here and see what the researchers use?

Edited to add: I just googled "Surfdriver" and came up with this:

Here,

This,

This,

This,

and This

Etc. etc.

Back