a bit extreme...

I've got 6 tattoos and all are in quite visible spots ( forearms, bicep, back of calves, chest) and I even think that is a crazy place for a Mac tattoo. I'd get a different tattoo there but not a mac one. :)

its badass though!!!!

yeah i've got a tatoo also, so i'm not some prude thinking it's a bad thing. i just think slapping a big blue apple with 'Think Different' on the back of your neck is a bit ... odd.

I dunno why, but everytime I see a car with an apple sticker, the car is ghetto...

and they tend to be... what do you call them.. station wagon? with some nasty colors... either that or some old beat up stuff

well... you don't really see BWM's and Porches with any stickers on them... but... dunno what to say

Dude... My car is not ghetto... ;)
'96 Red VW GTI VR6 with an Apple sticker blazin' on the rear window

In fairfield county, CT where I grew up it's all rich people. So the cars with Apple stickers were Celicas, 4Runners (new ones), and one BMW Z3 (the owner of the computer store's car) and every single one of them drives like a d#$%... (including me)

Aside from that area, I agree yes, 90% of cars w/ Apple stickers are ghetto :p

2002 VW Jetta with all the bells and whistles and it has a multicolor apple sticker (I have a stash of 100+ of the old school stickers in multiple size every future car gets one)

I am thinking of getting a tatoo of the wired cover a few years back that had the apple logo with the crown of thorns and the star behind it

There is a simple economic reason for the ghetto car with the apple sticker. This is not Apple specific though. You see one of the qualifications for being canonized into geekhood is that you must put more of your cash into technology than into transportation. This includes gas and insurance and gadgets. How much have you spent an hardware, software, internet, etc? I have attained current geek status according to this criteria, but it has left my car in some pitiful condition. I'm hoping to make some more cash and upgrade my car without losing geek status... I worked so hard to get here it'd be a real shame to blow it now.

2k1 VW GTi wih white apple sticker. oh yaaaah.

lots of vw drivers here, eh?

I've never seen anyone with the redmond windows logo on their body...

BSD and linux icons are gaining in popularity, though.

One dude at the cincinnati apple store had a blue X painted on the side of his face, that was cool (he worked there).

I think I'll get XP painted on my chest... that would look great!

--===NOT==--

Am I the only one who really doesn't like the rainbow apple? It just seems very '70s to me... like Activision and Atari. I prefer the solid ones.

I also think that's a crazy tattoo. I thought about putting mine on my back like that (a little lower), but an Apple? To me that's just not cool. People with tattoos and computers mix. Tattoos about computers don't.

Cool iMovie though.

No tattoo here. But if you think it'd look wrinkled when you're sixty, don't you also think your look's gonna suck anyway? :) Maybe some granny will love you BECAUSE of such a tattoo in the future. :)

I have a white Apple sticker on my Peugeot scooter. looks nice.

What's this dude with the Apple & Think Different slogan on his back going to do if Apple goes out of business, or even worse, does something really bad/evil in the future? He's gonna be branded with that slogan on his back forever. I can understand people wanting to get a Tattoo, but corporate symbols & idols for Tattoos are a little hard to understand...

Like the dude who has a Tattoo of "Captain & Tennile", or "Peter Frampton Comes Alive!"... Talk about permanently dating yourself!

LMFAO...

True, true

While /\/ I \/\ is still cool to me, I'm glad I didn't get the tatoo I was planning on...

A guy once asked me if I drove a VW because I liked Macs.

I answered no, but come to think of it, there does seem to be a higher than coincidental occurrence of people who both drive Volgswagens and own Macs.

Even in this thread, two people talked about Apple stickers and their VWs. That's a high incidence when you consider the small number of messages.

It's also odd that Volkswagen means "the car of the people" and Apple is (unfortunately :( ) not enjoying the same status in the computer world. Maybe if we all got that tattoo on the back of our necks ! :p

funny you should mention the VW/Mac thing.

I've never driven a VW, but as of late everytime I see one I get an urge to go out and buy one. :)

....one of the qualifications for being canonized into geekhood is that you must put more of your cash into technology than into transportation.
What?!?

Cars ARE technology... and and most have more computing power built in than any of our first computers did.

My car is a simple Honda. Nothing facny like an Acura or a Lexus. Honda is a lot like Apple. Cool interfaces, well built, and they last forever...

In the local alternative rag here their is a full page add for a tattoo parlor. Pictured is the back of a long haired dud with a portrait of Mel Gibson's Brave Heart!

Now, I like all of Mel's movies, except that chick flick :) But I am not to be known as the old male hippie with a picture of Mel on my wrinkly hairy back!

I just found that funny.

BTW

I have a Blue VW Beetle with on old colored Apple logo. It matched my wife's iMac. I remember when the iMac was introduced some software company was giving away a VW Beetle detailed to look like an iMac. I didn't win:-(

Back