A clean start is possible, but it's up to us!

i recieved a warning about my warez post, although i posted the thread before the policy was instituted. i understood the concern, so i backed off the warez posting. i was banned for posting a question (which could have been construed as sarcasm) about the policy, and now i am allowed back? in admins post, he mentioned that the battle was over.... how was it a battle? theres not much of a fight when your ID becomes banned and your words (or fighting i guess i should say) are deleted before they can reach others. hmmm deleting the past so others wont rebel too.. ya, 1984 was a good book

No, I think a battle was fought. A lot of people left in solidarity with the people who had been banned. That could be construed as fighting--letting others know that they weren't going to put up with that nonsense.

Originally posted by ABassCube
This is a bit strange because I hadn't been posting here for a really long time and then yesterday I came back to complete insanity.
Yeah, I had / am having the same experience. Sounds like policy change is the big culprit here. Is this a case of Admin using his power a little too freely and carelessly, or a few members who refuse to operate under authority?

Deletion of well-meaning threads? Probably not the best for community.
Unwillingness to forgive? Definitely not the best for community.

I'm currently only 22, but I have lived enough to know that forgiveness works and people in general need to say I'm Sorry and I forgive you a little more.

ok, this is getting out of hand. this thread is closed.

:)D just kidding!!...stop throwing things, really, i was just kidding)

just a few of my thoughts.

threads like this are the way we start building back the trust. it will take time to do so, but it can't be done without being here and giving it a shot. I expect a certain amount of 'testing the limits' in the near future. For a few days i'm going to be pretty lenient about that - i'll delete or edit if i feel it neccessary and then let the poster know why. there will be no official warning attached unless my thoughts on it are ignored and it escalates into chaos or insults. Does that seem fair enough?

I just did, and they were scrummy.

Ireland won the football, England are playing tomorrow (I'm nervous), and the kids liked their bedtime story. So I'm happy...

:)

fajitas are good but so are FIREFLY HARD DRIVES. god this thing is so awsome.... its the same size as a credit card and only a quarter inch tall! moving digital media to school will be sooo much easier now!

Attachments

• firefly.jpg
    firefly.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 20
Back