A Few Misc Mail 2.0 Questions

rcr

Registered
OK, heavy users of Mail.app:

Can you comment on any of the following?

(A) Double-clicking the dividing bar between the message list and preview pane causes it to show and hide. Great. However, I have a user that would like a key combo to do this. I thought I would set a key combo using System Preferences, but cannot find the appropriate menu choice to show/hide the preview pane. Am I missing something, or is there another way to accomplish this?

(B) I have a user that would like to sort message lists by more than one column. For example, he would like to have unread messages at the top of his list, in date order, with all other messages below, still in date order. I thought that clicking on the date column to sort by date, and then clicking (or possibly option-clicking or apple-clicking) on the status column would yield these results, but it doesn't always seem to be the case. Unfortunately it seems that unread messages will be at the top of the list, but dates are sometimes out of order. Something I am missing here?

(C) The "unread" status of a message seems to change to "read" immediately upon the body of a message displaying in the preview pane. This is not always ideal behavior if a user doesn't intend to view that message at the moment and would like to keep it marked as unread while clicking away to another message in the list. Is there a way to alter this behavior, ie, to possibly increase the delay before a message becomes marked as read, when viewed through the preview pane?

Thanks for any insight on any of these.

Back