A great addition to 10.3!

Originally posted by JohnnyX12
wdw_: How is the stability on the WWDC build? Any frequent crashes? Any major application problems?
the finder and then everything else froze twice, but that was a few hours ago and hasn't happened since.

Thanks for answering my q's wdw_. Let me ask a couple more, did you do a clean install or an archive install? Also, any application unexpected quits? And finally, what are the specs on your machine? Thanks again.

Originally posted by Pengu
To this day, it is physically impossible to remove Internet Explorer from Windows, you can't even NOT install it. Why? because Internet Explorer, and Windows Explorer, are essentially two faces for one app. The IE rendering/html/etc engine is a core part of the OS, which is why it's buggy as sh!t. While i can't see anyone sueing apple, and i have no doubt that they would implement any sort of central HTML-engine in a way that doesn't make the computer become less stable...
Apple's already on the path to doing this. Just look at the iTunes Music Store and how it uses the same rendering technology as Safari. Add to that the release of Webkit and you can see that Apple is putting the browser engine right at the core of the OS to allow other applications to take advantage of it. This is what they were talking about as regards Panthers' version on Mail.app and its support for HTML email. But unlike Windows and IE there would be no reason why you couldn't get rid of Safari and just like with IE there would be no reason for you to have to use it. And of course I don't see the Finder needing to make use of Webkit since it works in a different manner entirely.

Scheduled start up and shut down is back in Panther DP. In the developer preview there is no obvious way to create your own presets for the energy saver though. Might appear in the release.

Fix the date/time. If i lock it at that certain time it should stay that way regardless of a reboot.
Or if it could automatically sync with a server's time instead of me selecting that manually.
December 1969 and January 1970 are getting old.
On my Power Mac 6100 it was April 1951

Well, i think you can swithc off your mac in a certain hour or after certain hours etc of usage of a certain program even in X. See the applescript manuals.

Back