A possible project.

Tyaedalis

Registered
hello!

i was wondering if anyone would want to make a 2d game with me? i also could use some help with c++ (a good website to learn it maybe) i was planning on making a super mario type game.

questions are welcome too!

Just curious if you expect this to be a commercially viable thing or is it a learning/academic excercise?

Thanks.

im trying to learn and if it goes up for download, it will be freeware.

also, maybe i might like to learn carbon... :rolleyes:

If you need a hand with graphics (in game or for icons etc) then give me a shout and i'll see what I can do.

My suggestion, learn some rudimentary C or C++, then make use of a library like Allegro to handle all the game stuff. Makes writing cross-platform games a breeze.

I guess it depends on what you hope to get out of it... what I tend to do when I start a project is ask three questions:

What type of application do I want to see come out of this?
What technologies do I wish to learn during the course of this project?
What technologies do I wish to avoid learning during the course of this project?

They are all inter-dependant and will determine what features your application will have at first, what technologies you will use, and how much time you will spend on it. I have written small personal apps that didn't meet my criteria for #1, while it met #s 2 and 3, simply because learning the technologies was important to me. Such as an app I wrote for myself which can rip/split a PS2 Dual-Layer DVD into two ISOs on a Mac. I didn't want to write ripping software, but the knowledge came in handy for other PS2-related homebrew I attempted to tackle later on.

ok, i want to know if i can learn the rudiments of c++ online, and if so, where.

Krevineck:
I want to make a game.
I want to learn how to accomplish this by learning c++
I don't want to use any 3-d technologies in this project.

i have no clue how to use any of the apple compilers for c++ (xCode and MPW)!!!

Can someone tell me how to show like "hello World" without having to build it (i cant build it anyways)

Back