A pretty good day

Randman

HA! HA! HA!
Well, for once, things went my way. Started the day out by having to take my dog to the vet for surgery to remove some tumors. But it went well and she's already home and ambulatory (if a little doped up).
Then, I got word and I'll be starting my new job on Monday.

And since the vet's bill was considerably less than I budgeted for, I took the extra and went PowerBook hunting (after selling off my G4 iBook and G3 clamshell).
I was this close to springing for a 12, but I really wanted the 80GB hard drive and faster speed. Then I started eyeing the 15s because I thought I could use the extra screen space for my design work.
Only thing was no 15 Superdrives were in stock at the store I shop at... so the lady who owns the place said she'd give me a deal if I could it today, and in cash. It blew my budget some and I had to hear from the g/f about being such an impulsive shopper.
But (to wrap this up), I got a nice new 17-inch PowerBook for the price of a 15! And because there is a promotion going on, I also got the AppleCare package thrown in for free.
The screen size in incredible. And it was cake setting it up. Just hooked it up to my external FW drive (that I had used CCC to create a clone) and just about all of my settings (just had to re-download SideTrack and APE).
About the only drawback is I'm only using 512 of ram since my 1GB stick of 2100 doesn't work in it. So I'm trying to sell that off so I can get a little more ram.
But still, a few hours on the 17 and I'm sold on it.

Sounds like a terrific day!

Hope your shoulder is in shape - the 17-incher is a moose. :D

Wow, congrats from my side as well. Happy it went well for your dog and envious you got a 17inch powerbook. Is it the 1.5ghz model?

Yep, rev c, 1.5Ghz model, 80GB hard drive. The screen size is nice, Takes a little time adjusting to the size but it's quieter and cooler than the G4 iBook.

Back