A Simple Monitor Poll

Which widescreen, 1920x1200 monitor would you get?

• 23" Apple Cinema Display

• 24" Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW

Results are only viewable after voting.
What woudl you buy if you had the money, a 23 inch Apple Cinema Display or a 24 inch Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW widescreen monitor? I'm just seing what people have been influenced to get the one.

if you want a high quantity low quality display go with the dell and you will get a display that was made just to compete with other manufacturers. if you go with the dell you will get everything one would expect from dell, a lot of cut corners and an inferior product.
but if you go with the cinema display you will get a good quality product that you know you can trust. apple uses quality products meant to last. Just ask anyone with an apple display and they will tell you that they wouldn't trade it for anything, especialy a dell.

WEll the truth for me at least is that i have looked at both monitors and i have to pick the dell. The apple has a contrast ratio of 400:1 which is absolutely pathetic. The sony i am using right hnow has 500:1. Also the dell is made by sony. The apple has a brightenss of 270nits and the dell has 500nits. The 2405 seemed to have a clearer, brighter picture.

it has been commented that dells dispalys are possibly too bright for design work. they are gaming screens.

http://www.anandtech.com/displays/showdoc.aspx?i=2400

that is a VERY in depth comparison review between dells and apples 20" displays, interesting because they both use the same panels, sourced from the same production line. should be far off from the 23"/24" shoot out.

be aware though that apples 23" has had problems with slight colour distortions. (faint bands of yellow at the edges, a faint band of grey down the offset centre, and slight pink tinge to the backlight.)

Back