A wierd little operation in OS X

theCaptain

Member that enjoys Meece
Drag your harddrive icon on top of the About This Mac window, before you even have a chance to let go, it relaunches the finder. Hmmmmmm....... interesting.......

Dear god...Apple really should fix that.

Just a warning to anybody. Yes that does work, and not only does it relanch the finder, but you'll lose any other applications that are open. I didn't lose anything except that I was disconnected from AIM (I'm not that big of an idiot)

Weird!

On my 667mhz Tibook it relaunches the entire system! I even have the exact same OSX build number as you! We must be doing something differen't or else something very odd is going on.

Well, let's see:

-click on Apple Menu, select "About This Mac"
-click and drag my hard drive icon from my desktop to the newly opened window
-wiggle around a bit
-let go
-hard drive zips back to its corner.

Are you doing something different? ...aside from the whole exploding-Finder thing.

BTW, just for completeness, I tried explicitly switching to Finder first, and I tried the diffrerent "tabs" in About This Mac (ie "Version 10.1.2" vs "Build 5P48"). All combinations were uneventful.

...amazing how some people will go out of their way to try to crash their machine.....

-alex.

Same here... I'm not having any problems dragging hard drive icons over the "About simmy's G4 Cube" window. :D (Hint: Think FruitMenu.)

BOOM! It all went away, and then came back. :)
Herm, I have a custom icon on the drive :) I doubt that means anything though. I wonder if it will happen again if i try my other partition...

out of line**

ulrik, I just LOVE your personal icon, too dang funny :p
Lol, just thought I had to give you props

I just tried it again, and it consistently happens whenever I drag ANY icon into the About This Mac window. Anyone else have that?

Back