Aaaagrh! Apple Support (again)

What's wrong with an Apple replacement:
I've had my PowerBook a VERY short time since I ordered. It then cost quite a bit of money, now even less money would get me a 25% faster Mac. If they had offered an upgrade as compensation, I'd concider it. Also, I WAS planning to buy a Mac (maybe iBook) for the money once it was refunded. BTW, as mentioned, they are obligated by law to give a refund.

After arguing for this amount of time with them, I no longer want anything to do with this company. It's sad, because I still think OS X is an excellent OS, and Mac is a great platform...

Anywho, we finally got to a guy who said we'd GET the refund, so I guess I'll have it some day...

Hmmm, still makes me sad that you're being so 'hard-headed' to them; if you asked, maybe they'd give you an upgrade :(

Believe me, this hard-headedness wasn't a part of me when I ordered the Mac. I just got somewhat angry at them for lieing* to me and failing to actually check that the Mac was OK before sending it back from repair (make a person use it for 15 minutes, and he'll see all the things I saw within 5 minutes of opening the box).

*They have claimed problems were unknown, then admitted them to be well-known, and they were as bold as to tell me they could give me a replacement instead of a refund, then told me the law that stated this. When I checked, it actually said if something's wrong I'm entiteled to a replacement, and that they could choose to repair instead. If repair fails, I can choose wether to get some money back, or to get a full refund while they get the product back.

Well, perhaps the laws they are used to dealing with (ie, U.S. laws) are different. I'm not saying that's an excuse, but I'm saying it could be a reason.
Did you get Applecare? It's silly that you have to pay $300 to get good support, but from all I've heard, if you do have Applecare, it's very good indeed.
And I still think you should ask for an upgrade-replacement; Apple is usually very good.

No, I never got AppleCare. Too expensive. I thought about getting it when a year had almost passed...
And the law they referred to was Forbrukerkjøpsloven, it's a Norwegian law...

Maybe I was being too tough on them, but I still got shitty support.
In comparison, the company I ordered my PC laptop from had a delivery shortage. They instantly offered to give me a free upgrade. Here's how to make happy (returning) customers...

Back