AAC support for itunes 3 + ipod.

boi

official breaker of macs.
was anything mentioned about this? my stream cut off just in time for itunes 3.

Actually, I was curious about this, knowing that Quicktime now suports AAC and MPEG4, hoping that iTunes would follow suit... so I downloaded iTunes 3, converted one of my MP3s into an MPEG4 file using Quicktime 6, and dragged the file onto the iTunes 3 icon in the dock. The song actually plays in iTunes, but does not contain any of the tags such as Artist and Album, although in the original MP3 had them. Also, iTunes would not allow me to copy the .mp4 file to my iPod. Oh yeah and by the way the original MP3 was 7.3 MB, whereas the MP4 was 2.8 MB. So I guess it would be reasonable to assume that if you have 730 MB of MP3s and convert it all to MP4, youd be saving about 450 MB of disk space. The only downside is no iPod support or ID3 tag information - but once you input the information for the MP4 file, iTunes should remember it. I would be converting now except that I keep my music on my iPod because I am constantly running low on disk space... but for anyone out there who cares, this would be a great way to free up some disk space.

good to know. it's a pity we can't mass-convert our entire library with itunes, though ^_^.
thanks for the info.

Back