AAM Updates Notifier not optimized

Oldschool

Registered
Saga...I spent 2 hours trying to download software from Adobe for the Creative Cloud that I have been paying for for 3 years to be able to access Photoshop online on a new computer. My old computer needed to be replaced which is where the Creative Cloud resided and I finally got it downloaded to my new MacPro last night after waiting for a very long time to speak with a support person having exhausted the auto help they provide. This morning I get this warning on my screen: "AAM Updates Notifier" is not optimized for your Mac. This app needs to be updated by it developer to improve compatibility.

I have no desire to spend another bunch of time TRYING to get help from Adobe. Anyone able to help? You would think if I downloaded an app from Adobe's site it would be the most recent updated version and that by now they would have optimized this "notifier"...Ugh.

That just means that Adobe has not provided a 64-bit app for that Notifier. When you first launch that Notifier, your macOS system will show that informataion about an app that needs to be updated. It will still continue to work (but could slow down your system at times), and usually won't remind you about that status after the first time that you try to use it.
Or, you could remove the Updates Notifier from your system. I don't know what affect removing that app will have on the rest of your Adobe CC package, but likely that you would just need to update the software on your own. (CC, I think, provides the connection to keep your Adobe apps updated, as it would be part of your subsription, and the absence of the "updates notifier" may not be terribly important. Your CC software just won't notify you about the availability of updates, but that shouldn't prevent the updates from occurring.)

Thanks for your response! I find it really odd that they would not have updated this to 64-bit yet. Trying to remove the updates notifier instructions are beyond my capabilities since I'm a Mac person from the early days. I don't do code. :(

I did find this Adobe FAQ that tells you that you will see the "not optimized" message for certain Adobe apps. The article goes on to say that you don't need to take any action, and those apps will still run as normal. Adobe also says that they are working on fixing that issue in an upcoming CC update.

Back