About that metal... (A suggestion for Apple)

cbl2001

Registered
Just thought I'd put an idea forward (and hope that someone from Apple may read it...! :) )

I know there has been a lot of controversy over the brushed metal look in Panther. It's a lot better than I thought it would be, but for such a polished OS as Panther, it looks pretty amateur. On the other hand, that chrome Apple logo on the login screen is sweet.

Now, what about applying that chrome design style to the rest of the OS, and giving:

a) a professional looking user interface (chrome-aquatic!)
b) a single UI, no more mixing of white aqua apps and grey brushed metal ones.

Maybe a pointless post, but who knows... ;)

Something simple, please, designed by people without toddlers. And some distinction between active and inactive windows would be grand.

I could write volumes about what I don't like about Mac OS X's UI, but I'm a terrible writer with no audience. :)

I'll be happy if they just land on one design, chrome is fine by me.
It's annoyed me since iTunes 1.0 that Apple would use the brushed metal stuff while telling people to use Aqua...

The brushed metal in Panther looks pretty good, but it still should go I think. I agree that Apple should stop pushing brushed metal down our throats and settle on one single look.

or at least have themes....full system level themes that you can choose from, maybe have original Aqua, a Chrome-Aqua, a Brushed Metal...and we could choose what we want. ;)

Back