ac adapter

MrNo1

Registered
I have a powerbook g4 15" alum. Just recently my notebook stop seeing my adapter. The adapters indicator light glows amber while plugged in but is not being seen. At first I could wiggle the adapter at the connection and it would kick in and all was fine. Gradually that stop being the case and it was to the point that I had to apply constant pressure or place an item underneath the adapter where it went into the computer (again pressure) to get the computer to see it and some times it would charge the battery and some times it would not and just run the computer. Now that is not working and my battery is all but totally dead. It has just enough juice to power up and then go to sleep but not enough to use computer. I'm puzzled because the amber indicator light comes on which (to me) indicates that the adapter is working I guess. I also thought that maybe there was a bad connection where the adapter plugs into the computer but was unable to inspect it do to the the extremely small star screw (size T6?). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back