Access the Macosx.com 2007 Beta Site

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
The Macosx.com 2007 Beta is now open. Remember, this is extreme early release and not all layouts, in all browsers have been tested, and some features may not work. At this time, only BUG reports related to the Forums and the new Wiki will be even acknowledged. Of course, all feedback, suggestions, etc are welcome for all aspects of the site.

The new site is simple an "overlay" of the existing site, so to get access, all you need to do is to JOIN the Macosx.com 2007 Beta Group. To disable the beta site, just LEAVE the group, both are options available to you under Group Memberships in the USER CP.

Access is granted instantly, so no waiting, just click join, and you will see the new site, or at least, what has been completed thus far. The reason for the early beta of this unfinished work is to a) allow people to start adding information to the WIKI and b) to solicit feedback on the new layout, design, before everything is set in stone.

Scott,
I just tried it and got this message:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 14
Cheryl, try clicking the little bubble first and then joining. That did it for me.

is there a link to the wiki already? i only find the thread about it in the beta forum, but not the wiki itself...

The new post link is actually under the Forums top menu bar. The WIKI is under Tutorials.

ULTRA-TEST.

iraq_satellite.jpg

I do like the new look. Wiki was rather empty - or did I just select the wrong titles to browse?

p.s. thanks for the tip on getting in the beta. :)

Yea, that is why I wanted to get the wiki up, so peopel could start putting things in it before we went live with it.

Can we get rid of the ads in the Tech support area? I mean on the tech's side. It is rather distracting and takes area away from the ticket. (sorry - this subject is not sticking to forums and wiki)

I'd still like to see a New Post link where it was before rather than having to use a drop down menu. Just my two cents.

On the Tech page, I don't see any ads in either Firefox or Safari. In Firefox I have the ad blocker.

What images are you talking about? It does look cleaner.

at the begging when it was first out, the forum images were missing that told you if there was a new post or not.
Also under site info, the volunteer list is old.

Can we get rid of the ads in the Tech support area? I mean on the tech's side. It is rather distracting and takes area away from the ticket. (sorry - this subject is not sticking to forums and wiki)

No ads will be displayed in the tech area, just as it was before. However, until the layouts get finalized in those areas they will remain. In fact, the question view in the tech area is really just a "tossed salad" at this point, unlike the tech "dashboard" which is more finalized.

Thanks for the input.

I think the "New Posts" button should be accessible without a menu, as it is with the current site.

Bug: Using the search box at the top left in the menu bar, the word search does not go away when you click in the box. You end up searching for 'searchxxxxx'

Typing in the above search box and hitting return brings you to the advanced search page. Is that what you intended?

Back